Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kate Ceberano, the Ultimate Wedding Singer

I'm a big fan of Kate Ceberano, always have been. Over the years my Mum and I have developed this special thing between us, where-by we always try to go to her concerts together (we have the best fun). But, around this time last year I had just met Frog Prince and it just so happened that there was a Kate Ceberano concert on that same week. Aarrghhh, what's a girl to do?

Well, taking a gamble I invited Frog Prince along too. Poor thing, i'd literally met him a week before and already he was being introduced to my Mum and our Kate Ceberano obsession. None-the-less he agreed and came along... it was amazing (and as always he ran into about 20 friends of his there, so not so embarassing for him after all). It ended up being quite a beautiful occasion because the concert also fell on the anniversary of his brothers death, who was an amazing musician and the whole event almost seemed in honour of him. So my Frog Prince, Kate and Kerry (my mum), had a superb night (but then again, Frog Prince and I always have the best fun together). You know, even if he didn't like Kate he had better get used to her because it has always been a dream of mine to have her sing at my wedding/party... how cool would that be?? ... and how costly would it be?? Well i can tell you...

If you would like to have Kate Ceberano perform at your wedding, you can book her through Ralph Carr Management for $30,000 + GST + Production and travel. To be honest, for Kate... I'd pay it. I would seriously cut back on other things just to have Kate sing at my wedding... especially when she performs the songs of my other all time favourite band, Fleetwood Mac... I'm in heaven.


"You Can Go Your Own Way"
performed by Kate Ceberano

Loving you isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things that I feel?
If I could, baby I'd give you my world
How can I, when you won't take it from me?

You can go your own way, go your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can go your own way, go your own way

Tell me why everything turned around?
Packing up, shacking up, is all you wanna do?
If I could, baby I'd give you my world
Open up, everything's waiting for you

You can go your own way, go your own way
You can call it another lonely day
You can go your own way, go your own way


4 Love Notes:

Anonymous said...

That is the best. great work.

Anonymous said...

i love this!! thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

i would pay that money for Kate to sing at a wedding too. she so great... Vivienne x

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how hard they make it for one to post a comment on someone else's blog to say, "Hello Fellow Admirer of the Musical Goddess"!!

I adore Kate and would love to have her sing for me. It is highly unlikely that this private serenade would take place at any wedding in which I make up one of the two main performers. I think a private performance at my 40th birthday is more likely. ;-)

I look forward to exploring your lovely blog during idle hours and when I need a cheer up. Everything about it seems so lovely.

I recommend you have a listen to Kate singing 'There's Nothing Wrong With Being Wrong Sometimes'. Absolutely divine!

As is everything she does!!

Happy blogging!

L